Friday 12 August 2016

So I thought I'd write a blog...


I was sitting here at my keyboard at home bored out of my brain and freezing my tits off when I thought warming up my fingers by trying to write a blog might be as good of a boredom buster as any. Aside from the trials of suffering through the last month of an Australian winter I have a fair few things I could talk about. There are always trivial and not so trivial things going on in my life and I have some strong opinions about things I know very little about which I feel the general population of the internet could put up with benefit from reading.

So a little bit about me…

I’m a 30 something just barely employed women, I live on 100 acres of bush in Australia which I share with my husband, four kids, four cats, three dogs, chooks, ducks, dozens of kangaroos, echidnas, wombats and God knows how many brown snakes!

I swear too much, too often. I can’t cook for love nor money and have been known to set the kitchen on fire trying. I love writing, gardening, driving fast and procrastinating. I rarely drink but have a tendency to gamble. My favourite colour is purple and oh yeah I have a mental illness that has an unfortunate tendency to dominate my life, I have Bipolar Disorder.

Well that’s a little about me to start off, now I can’t promise the blog will be funny or informative but it will be an honest account of living life as a parent and person with mental illness. Some posts may be distressing to some readers as topics regarding depression and suicide are likely to be discussed, possibly frequently but I will attempt to put a trigger warning at the top if I feel it needs one.

So bye for now but please feel free to leave a comment with your own blog address and I can stop by for a visit.

xx K

No comments:

Post a Comment