Friday 24 February 2017

Music makes the world go round



I slept last night, slept in this morning in fact, waking only to my daughter informing me that it was 7:27am and it was time to leave for school. SHIT! Pulling on the nearest items that could pass for clothing, including Black hippy skirt, blue floral flowy top, mint green cardigan and Ugg boots. Stylish.

I eyed my bed hair and yesterdays smudged mascara in the mirror, grabbed my car keys, tripped over the rug and yelled at the kids to get in the car hoping that they were actually awake and dressed since I was yet to sight them that morning.

 Amazingly enough, my self-sufficient little darlings had readied themselves and despite not having yet had coffee and not being quite certain of whether I was awake or dreaming, I managed to ferry them to the bus stop without incident. Didn’t even run over a kangaroo!

Now that I’m a bit more with it, I can feel that today is calmer and with its calm, it has brought me the gift of a snotty nose and inflamed sinuses. My mind is still firing left and right and mentally I still feel a bit like I am trapped in a bubble, observing the world on a high definition television screen. 

But for the most part reality is coexisting with me and my body is physically getting on and doing things on autopilot. I went to hang out the washing and I had already done it, I have no recollection of that.

I keep having brilliant brainwaves but I can’t commit to an idea for long enough to act on it or write it down and I keep forgetting where I was up to, attention span issues.

 Just found out that legendary comedian Will Anderson has been touring in a city near enough for me to get to AND I MISSED IT.

The discovery that Coldplay and The Chainsmokers collaborated on a song made my heart sing and my wallet bleed; I never leave iTunes as rich as I went in but then again I guess its a sound investment because when it comes down to it music makes the world go round. See what I did there?

I caught up with my best mate from life before adulthood is about to release a new album “Beautiful Shadows” in March 2017 and its great. Fuck I am proud of him, from the day I met him in Yr 8 maths class he wanted to sing and write music and he damn well did it. 

He sometimes worries that because he doesn’t have “a real job” or kids or a partner that he’s not “adulting” properly, but his entire life he has always stayed true to himself and that’s something I really fucking admire, so lying in a bed of nostalgia, I dreamed of what could have been and wrote him a song; well the lyrics to one anyway, my musical talent begins and ends with the air guitar.

I will leave you with a Tom song, this is one of my faves “Flying on the 88” its going to be on the "Beautiful Shadows" album and it was filmed on a NY roof top during a freezing winter. Wish I had been there, sigh…


No comments:

Post a Comment