Wednesday 28 September 2016

Sing for Me



There are 1000 thoughts rushing through my head like a freight train, my jaw hurts from clenching it too tight, my skin is alive and fizzing like a firecracker about to go off. I can’t quite decide what to hear, what will make it slow down, stop the pins and needles on my face from driving me into oblivion. My eyes burn with unanswered tiredness, change the music, change the mood. 

None of this is real anyway so just let it go, release me into slumber...

What have I done? This blank minded sheep I am, where will I go with this heart in my hand? Nothing is real, I’m dreaming again, this world is but a figment of an imaginary land. 
Dance with me in the moonlight, dance beneath the stars. A billion lights keep shining, like fireflies in jars. Write for me a Ballard, write for me a song, sing for me in the moment, let the lyrics linger on.

No comments:

Post a Comment