Saturday 3 September 2016

On not doing things


Shhh Mummy's little secret...

A rainy Saturday afternoon, The Hubby has taken Ben to the movies with his mates for his 14th birthday, the other kids are fighting over something to do with the x box and I have Nirvana blaring through the headphones trying to drown out the noise and maybe let me remember a better time, all the while I’m on my knees trying to scrub the piss off the toilet floor in preparation for tomorrows onslaught of birthday family visitors while breaking periodically to duck into the pantry for another shot of the Malibu I keep hidden in the top cupboard. 

I’ve been procrastinating, writing, running, staring off into space. The house is still a bomb and I’m secretly starting to get quite tipsy, maybe this can be the year I give up and let them all see the real state of my house which believe me it’s not pretty.

Ugh must stop this, I have a Malteser cake to make and my God there are a lot of cobwebs on the ceiling...

No comments:

Post a Comment